Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Loving the Weather, Good and Bad

"...oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful..."
It's SNOWING!!  And, luckily, today is my day off!  I work part time now, 4 days a week, with Wednesdays off (usually).  So, I get to watch the snow today and sit in front of a nice fire and enjoy a mint hot chocolate!
.
In one of my earlier scrapbook pages, I made the entire photo my scrap page - very eye catching.  Then added a few small embellishments.  It's a very simple page and still one of my favorites.  I DO love the SNOW!

.
Continuing on a weather theme...
It's hard to believe it was just six months ago, that Hurricane Irene hit here.  Actually, she was downgraded to a Tropical Storm by the time she reached the Mid-Hudson valley, but the damage caused was still devastating!  The
day after, I took a walk around and got some photos.  It was nice to chat with neighbors who were also out to see the aftermath.  I put together a page and included a large circle shape to offset the pictures, using it for a title and some journaling.  With the journaling, you really get to tell the story of the pictures and what else was happening behind them.  A nice keepsake to look back on.

.
Snow, rain... as much as I enjoy them, it will be nice to see those glorious warm, sunny days of summer arrive!  Stay warm and safe everyone!

Diane







No comments:

Post a Comment