Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March Birthday

Kyle's birthday is Sunday.  I absolutely cannot believe I am old enough to have a 24 year old son!  Haha, I still have vivid memories of that pregnancy and delivery.  He came 5 weeks early, so when the contractions started, I wasn't quite sure if that's what they truly were.  Jim and I had only gone to 2 Lamaze classes.  After a quick call to the Dr. it was off to the hospital during the early morning rush hour traffic.  No worries, the contractions were still about 5 minutes apart. :)   Once there...he was born just over an hour later.  Very quick...no time for drugs.  He was so tiny, 5lbs 11oz.  Beautiful reddish blonde fuzzy hair and gorgeous blue eyes.
.
When he was still very young, I decided I did not want years and years of bad pictures.  I had my Canon Ae-1 and took a photography class.  One of the best things I ever did!  Of course, now most photography is digital and that's much easier.  And, it's so easy to just select "AUTO" and start shooting.  I have to force myself to choose "MANUAL" and work with aperture and shutter speed.  Well worth the effort, though! 
.
Here's one page I did from photos when the kids were a bit younger.  We were all at the Capital District Scottish Games near Albany, NY.  An annual favorite!   Here I was learning how to color paper templates and use metal styles.

Love the red in this one!  Kyle is with Reese Roper from the band "Five Iron Frenzy", a big favorite back then!
And here is a preview of the cover of a book I am in the process of doing for him with a mix of photos and scrapbook pages.  My Mom took Kyle to England as a graduation gift and I'm just now working with all the photos. Here's another double layout.  No seam in this one like I had in my wedding layout.  I have been working with using photo masking to get the photos in the block letters, and have learned how to get a dimensional look on the letters - more fun techniques!

I suspect this book will take quite some time to finish!


Happy Spring everyone!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment